I just finished this great set of books by Chuck Black called The Kingdom Series.
Their books that are set in the time of knights. But it takes you through the whole Bible. Of course you can't put EVERY story from the Bible into 6 small books, but you can put several very good stories from the Bible in the right order into 6 books. I enjoyed these greatly. There similar to C.S.Lewis' Narnia books. Because they are allegories. They look like just boy books, but they aren't. I would highly recommend them for boys and girls.
You can see the site for the books HERE.
Enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks very interesting. I wouldn't call the Narnia books allegories, though, because, although they have allegorical elements, their supposals, so not everything that applies to allegory applies to them.
ReplyDeleteThat looks very interesting. I wouldn't call the Narnia books allegories, though, because, although they have allegorical elements, their supposals, so not everything that applies to allegory applies to them.
ReplyDeleteVery true Merriette! Thanks for commenting!
ReplyDelete